Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

We're still here!

I know it has been a while since we posted pictures of our new addition, but I will give one word as my excuse...COLIC. Yep, fun times in the Hogue house. We have our good and bad days, but not much sleep is going on here. So, when we have had free time, it has been used in bed with our eyes closed! Today has been a really good day so far, so I thought you might appreciate some pictures to catch up.

Some pictures of the "firsts" we have had so far...

First bath in the bathtub - He is not too fond of this yet!


First trip to church. He was presented with his own little Bible and the church said a prayer just for him. It was very special.



First butterfly kiss...Cousin Presley loved holding her new friend. She loved to pat his head too. It was so cute! She would constantly come over and rub his head and say "Hi Baby". I can't wait for more memories like this one.



First designer Polo shirt - Thanks to our resident fashion guru Uncle Bud. It has his initials monogrammed on the chest and the matching polo logo on the bottom right. Garrett is already trying to work him onto the golf course!



First outing - we went to Queen Anne's Revenge on Daniel Island to celebrate Garrett's birthday. Maddox was so excited he slept through the whole dinner!



Maddox has also had fun meeting his grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousin P during his first month. I can't wait to bring him home to Texas to meet the rest of the crew!

Thanks for checking on us! We will post more pictures soon. Please pray for Maddox to feel better and for our sanity as we make it through his colic. We love all of you!

7 comments:

GSub said...

1. The picture of Maddox and Presley is one of my all time favorites. That is too good.

2. In case there is any confusion, I was not intoxicated in the picture with the polo shirt. That picture was taken at 2:30 in the morning after my 17 1/2 hour trip to Charleston, ironically one in which I used air travel as my mode of transportation.

3. I am a Wii bowling pro with the record high score of 257.

Anonymous said...

I can't tell who this kid looks like! Who does he favor more?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures. They are awesome. We miss you all so much.
Love you,
The Hogues

Lisa said...

Hey Tiff! It's so good to see pictures of the fam. Just wanted to say that I know about the colic - Ethan went through a terrible time with that. I wish I had the magic spell, but we usually resorted to car rides at 2:30 in the morning (thank goodness the Whataburger drive-thru was open 24 hours!). Just know that the fog really does lift at some point. Maddox is precious, and you look great. If you have a chance (yeah, right), or if Kimberly, your parents, etc. have a chance, I'd love to get your mailing address. Just email it to lisajaneye@msn.com. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi Caisson and Tiffany!
You have a beautiful baby boy! Lacey gave me this info to keep tabs on you guys and your new arrival! Reese had colic and actually it turned out to be reflux...it was miserable!!! I remember being so blue ALL the time and she cried a lot (no she SCREAMED. It was really bad just after she ate...in fact I would feed her a lot b/c I thought she must still be hungry as she cried after every feeding until she just finally collapsed out of complete exhaustion. Anyway, they called it colic at first and even though we did not want to medicate her all the time, they gave us Zantac for her and it worked like a charm. She turned into this precious, pleasant little baby. I know Caisson probably knows all this, but I wanted to share our experience...the Zantac was life changing for the Roberts family and our sanity!

We are praying for you guys!
Blessings
BJ, Koy, Reese and Kash

Jodi said...

Great pics! Your family is so precious!

And girl, I know ALL about the colic days. Reagan, though beautiful outside and in, made the first 8 weeks of her life with us quite hideous! We wondered how something so precious could make such horrific noise! She had it bad. I am sure that you are getting advice from all over the place, but I will say that the book titled Happiest Baby on the Block described her to a TEE and saved us. I read it cover to cover in one night and his tips really helped us out. Just a thought. Email me if you need ANYTHING! Or, just get some sleep instead of email... :)
jodigbeaver@yahoo.com

Jodi said...

Oh, and we have reflux too. Still. Switched from Zantac to Prevacid since it works better for Reagan. Just fyi...

Love y'all!!!