Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Summer catch up part 2

So since we last left off with Maddox at the beach.....

We move on to Spoof Night - this is where the graduating residents get a chance to make fun of all the attendings, then the attendings return the favor. It was hilarious, and I am sure even funnier for those who actually got all the inside jokes. This is Caisson in the wig pretending to be one of his attending physicians.
Then we had GRADUATION!!!!! I can't express how exciting this night was. Caisson has worked so long and so hard for this day. I am so proud of him and all that he has accomplished since the day he started college and I couldn't even get him out to get a cup of coffee with me because he was always studying. It has been a long hard road, but he has hurdled every obstacle and tackled every problem like a champion. Now we can start a more normal life! No more 36 hour call at the hospital, no more 5 year anniversary dinners in the hospital cafeteria...in fact NO MORE HOSPITAL! (Unless one of us is a patient of course)
The Hogue family was here to celebrate with us. It was so good to have them here to share in this VERY SPECIAL DAY!
The most valuable (in Hard Work and COST) papers we have ever held.
Hanging out on Shem Creek with the Hogues watching the dolphins play in front of the boats. I do love it here.
Then....we bought a house. It is a Charleston style home which I love, because then I feel better about the siding. This Texas girl just misses her brick homes. They are almost non-existant around here. We do love our new house and I am trying to pace myself with all the projects I want to do with it. When I get some decorating finished I will post pics of the inside. In July, Maddox got to have his first vacation without Mom and Dad. We went on a cruise (pics of that on the next post) and he stayed with my Mom and Dad - or as he will call them, Papa and Cece. First stop - the Smith Family Reunion. I have to say I am jealous that he got to go to this and I didn't. Maybe next year we can both go. We just couldn't figure out with everything else happening this summer how I could make that too. So he got to spend some quality time with all my extended family. There are rumors he never quit moving, spent a lot of time rolling around in the stroller, and eating all kinds of food I can never get him to touch. Here he is spending some quality time with Uncle Bud (Garrett). Sharing a chair and some tea with Presley. How cute are they? I wonder how much of this ended up in his mouth and how much was on them! By the time we got back to SC, drinking out of the "Big Boy" glass had become one of his favorite things. Well, we are about to go to the park with our new friend from down the street, so I better go get ready. There are oh so many more pics to come, so stay tuned. Cruise, wedding, 60th birthday, fun with cousins, good mexican food with the Hogues.........

3 comments:

rebecca said...

You got a house!? Yay! I'd love to see more pictures!! Thanks for updating! I think about you all all the time :)
Love,
Becca

Jodi said...

Holy cow... You're BACK! Yay! Thanks for the updates... what a summer! And congrats to Caisson!

Lisa said...

Congratulations...on everything! Sounds like a crazy - but fun - summer. Can't wait to see more pictures of the house.