Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

T - 44 Days and counting!



Most of you know my sister is having a baby in October. Most of you also probably know that my mom and I have gone what some would call "overboard" in our excitement about being a grandmother and aunt. Well, I guess I can't argue with that, but can you blame me?

I was able to come home from Charleston to surprise Kimberly at a shower at the Hunter Douglas office. She about had Presely right then she was so shocked. It was great to be able to surprise the queen of surprises! The next morning she had a shower in Tyler. I am posting this blog to show you that I have partially proven my worth as an aunt. Kimberly, Mom and I had to race against each other in the essential duties of a mom. We also got a little taste of what it was like to be an infant again. First we had to empty the apple juice from a bottle, then change the dirty diaper on a teddy bear, then guess what flavor of baby food and puffs we were eating. I finished my bottle first, got the diaper changed first, (and the only one to get it put on correctly - mom and Kimberly put them on backwards) but I didn't do so well in the taste test department. I have a new respect for the poor babies who we force to eat what someone has labeled "food". Our three bottles were 1. peach, 2. apricot, and 3. squash. My answers for the three bottles were 1. peach, 2. bad, and 3. worse and I am convinced that is a much more accurate description. They were terrible! Mom and Kimberly did much better at guessing the food, although Mom cheated with the help of 3 of her friends. So I guess my Aunt duties will be restricted to changing diapers and bottles since I would feel too sorry for Presley to make her eat such mush! We had a great time though. Thank you to everyone at Hunter Douglas and all the ladies who gave the Tyler shower. I am so thankful I was able to be here for both of them. Kimberly is so lucky to have all of you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to see you at the shower, Tiff! I wish you were my aunt-- Presley is so lucky! Have a wonderful week.
Love, Mere

Anonymous said...

When I'm pregnant, can we pretend that you're my sister? I just don't see Collin painting cute things for my nursery and creating specialized CDs. You are too creative! I ditto Mere - Presley is going to be very lucky to have such a wonderful aunt. It was so great to see you - sorry I didn't act too excited when you first hugged me and I didn't look to see who was hugging me! I hope you've had a great time in Tyler. Love you tons - K

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine the fun times Presley is going to have with her aunt!

jenny biz said...

Hi, Tiffany!! It is Jenny Bizaillion! I found your blog through Garrett's blog!! You seem to be doing well!! Just wanted to say hello. Very impressed by the doghouse:)